Maintenance Service - What is Covered
A/C & Heating System tune-ups
- Calibration of the thermostat
- Temperature split test
- Check of refrigerant levels and system pressures
- Perform & draw on condenser motor
- Check of the evaporator motor and compressor
- Rinse of the condenser coils
- Inspection of the contactors
- Check of heat exchanger
- Cleaning or replacement of filters (owner supplied or purchased from contractor if available)
- Tightening and cleaning of the electrical connections
- Test of capacitors and check of heat operations
- Inspection of the pilot system
- Cleaning of burners
- Free filters
- Clearing of condensate line stoppages
- Recharging of refrigerant
- Evaporator/indoor coil cleaning including acid cleaning
- Cleaning or unclogging services required to correct problems related to the lack of manufacturer recommended maintenance (filters must be replaced monthly)
- Geothermal systems, ductless mini-split systems, boilers and oil furnaces
- Units that are not safely accessible for contractor to perform the tune-up
- Testing of safety switches and limit switches
NOTE: For the applicable service fee each season, Frontdoor Pro will perform one (1) Air Conditioning or one (1) Heating Pre-Season Tune-up.
- The contract holder will be responsible for paying an additional fee for each additional unit.
- Service dates are limited and may vary based upon location, Pro availability and weather.
- If the contractor finds a breakdown covered by the member’s Home Service Plan, the member must initiate a service request under their Home Service Plan (including payment of the service fee).
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: A/C & heating system tune-up services are provided by Frontdoor Pro.
Dryer vent cleaning
- Roto cleaning of (1) dryer vent up to 10 ft of dryer vent hose
- Repairs and materials to fix dryer vents.
- Maintenance or cleaning service on dryer unit
- Repairs and materials to fix dryer vents.
- Cleaning of second story and rooftop vents
- Cleaning of vents for condos, high rise and commercial buildings, including multifamily dwellings
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Dryer vent cleaning services are provided by Frontdoor Pro.
- One (1) carpet cleaning service of general soiling in up to three (3) rooms or no more than 600 square feet (about twice the area of a parking space).
- For more extensive carpet or upholstery cleaning, contract holder will be charged additional fees at discounted rates.
- Removal of old or permanent stains
- Removal of pet urine and/or feces stains
- Removal of red stains
- Removal of bleach or /chemical compounds
- Removal of blood or blood stains
- Repair or cleaning of preexisting visible carpet damage
- Removal of any stain that requires enzyme treatments
NOTE: Additional floor cleaning services are available for an additional fee including additional carpet cleaning over three (3) rooms or 600 square feet, tile and grout cleaning, upholstery cleaning, deodorizing treatments, enzyme stain removal treatments and more.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Carpet cleaning services are provided by Frontdoor Pro.
- Re-key up to six (6) key holes (including deadbolts)
- Provide four (4) copies of the key.
The members will/can incur additional fees for these items. An additional charge may apply if member does not have an original key to work with.
- Lock picking
- Lock-out service
- New lock sets
- New key sets if original key is not available at time of the service
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Re-key services are provided by Frontdoor Pro.
Garage door opener tune-up
- Perform a safety inspection and tune-up service for up to two (2) garage door openers.
- Inspection and necessary adjustments of:
- Garage door safety sensors
- Garage door springs
- Cleaning and lubrication of rollers and hinges
- Cleaning and tightening of electrical connections
- Reprogramming of up to two (2) garage remotes.
- Any necessary repairs. If the contractor finds a breakdown covered by the member’s Home Service Plan, the member must initiate a service request under their Home Service Plan (including payment of the diagnosis fee)
- Reprogramming or other support for Homelink and/or an App based controller
- Reprogramming of any other car remote
- Reprogramming of garage door openers that are higher than 12 feet from ground
- Reprogramming of exterior keypad
NOTE: Reprogramming services listed as Not Included may be available to the members for an additional fee.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Garage door opener tune-up services are provided by Frontdoor Pro.
Ceiling fan and light fixture installation
- Installation of one (1) new ceiling fan or one (1) new light fixture, provided by the member
- Installation must be to a pre-wired weight compatible fan rated junction-box on a wall or ceiling up to 12 feet high.
- An extra service fee will be charged for each additional ceiling fan or light fixture.
- Repair or replacement of drywall,
- Repair or replacement of installation switch, controller and any additional wiring
- Installation on ceilings over 12 ft.
- Installation of bathroom, attic and exhaust fans
- Installation of dropdown rods for a fan,
- Modifications needed to install a new fan or light or needed to replace an existing fan or light fixture
NOTE: Additional work (including some items listed as not included) by the electrician may be provided for an additional fee.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Ceiling fan and light fixture installation services are provided by Frontdoor Pro.
(Last Updated May 23, 2023)