Here’s what’s included:
- Mobile app experience
- 1 free video chat session with an Expert
- List of local, vetted service Pros after your video chat based on your repair or maintenance needs
- Access to our How-to Tips Library
- Available nationwide
Once you sign up for Frontdoor Basic, there is no expiration date for your membership. Please note that you will only receive 1 video chat session unless you upgrade to Frontdoor Prime or Premium.
When you sign up for Frontdoor Basic, you will receive 1 video chat session with an expert at no cost.
Our video chat Experts can help you with plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, HVAC, and handyman issues in real-time. Simply select “video chat” in the app dashboard to initiate a call with an Expert who can help provide a diagnosis for a breakdown or item that isn’t working properly, walk you through a home maintenance project you aren’t sure how to tackle, and answer your questions. Our Experts can help provide the information you need to get the issue repaired or the project completed.
If the video chat Expert recommends you call a professional for an in-home service visit, it's because they believe that’s the best solution for your situation. As a Frontdoor member, we’ll send you a list of trusted and vetted local Pros from our network so you can say goodbye to time-consuming internet searches to find the right person for the job. If you upgrade to the Frontdoor Prime membership, you’ll receive 3 video chat sessions per 12-month membership term. Video chat experts are available 7am-10pm eastern time, 7 days a week.
You can easily upgrade to Frontdoor Prime or Frontdoor Premium at any time in the app. Please note that Frontdoor Prime is available nationwide while Frontdoor Premium is available in select markets.
With a Frontdoor Prime membership, you will receive the following for $99/year:
- 3 video chat sessions with our Experts per 12-month membership term
- Exclusive discounts (up to 50% off national retail pricing) on new A/C and heating units with financing options available*
- Discounted pricing on home essentials like home security systems and cleaning products, as well as services such as lawn care, home cleaning, interior design, and more*
- Access to the Frontdoor How-to Tips Library
- Annual membership
* Not available in all areas. Click here for details. Availability of some services is seasonal. Sales taxes may apply.
With Frontdoor Premium, you receive everything in Frontdoor Prime plus a home service plan that includes the following, starting at $35/month (pricing varies based on location and the coverage options that you select):
- Coverage for appliances, electrical & plumbing items to make dealing with breakdowns easy*
- The option to add coverage for HVAC, roof leak repairs, and pool & built-in spa equipment
- A flat service fee ($100) for covered appliance, electrical, and plumbing repairs*
- We’ll get the repair done or pay you $500 ($1,000 for optional HVAC) so you know what to expect**
- Maintenance service options like carpet cleaning, HVAC tune-ups and more for a flat service fee of $100
- The ability to place and track your service requests directly in the app. It’s the easiest way to done.
- A vetted Pro from our network for your service requests without haggling, homework or hassles.
- Annual membership***
- Available in select markets only
* See membership agreement for coverage details, including limit amounts, fees, limitations and exclusions. Sales taxes may apply.
**The repair for your covered item must be within the $500 limit. If it exceeds $500 or we do not make the repair, we will pay you $500. There is a payout max of $2,000 per 12 month rolling period (additional payout max of $2,000 for optional HVAC coverage).
***Membership will renew on monthly basis after initial 12-month term.
Need to jump start a maintenance project, have questions about when to perform certain seasonal maintenance tasks, or wondering about a specific repair, system, or appliance? Head over to our How-to Tips for articles and video content that will help you know what to do.