See the “Hello L.A.” Pop-Up Vacation Pods and Join the Party
Airbnb.com is sponsoring a number of parties and events surrounding its placement of bookable celebrity pods in some of L.A.’s most notorious locations.
As a way to introduce itself to L.A. residents and those who just want to stop in for a visit, Airbnb.com, the website that provides a marketplace for people to list, discover and book private accommodations around the world, has paired hip celebrities with designers to create bookable pop-up pods. We’re talking James Franco curating a rentable room in the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, Moby making a pod at The Viper Room and Molly Sims curating a shopping crash pad at The Grove — that type of thing.
See "Rentable Celebrity Pods Pop Up All Over Los Angeles" for details on the temporary mini suites.
But Airbnb.com is not just popping up pods. They’re throwing a plethora of events, parties and activities surrounding them, so you can come by and see them even if you’re not interested in renting one for the evening. Maybe get to know the neighborhood a little better.
Perhaps you’ll even meet one of the corresponding celebrities, who have promised to make appearances. While the pods will be up in these locations for a bit longer, most of the fun happens the weekend of Sept. 27-Oct. 1, so put on your party shoes and boogie over without delay.
Here’s the skinny on what’s happening where and when:
Location: Venice/The Cook’s Garden by HGEL, 1033 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Anjelica Huston-curated Pop-Up.
• Friday, 9/27 from 7:00 pm-10:00 pm: Harvest Dinner - Dinner guests will help harvest food with the aid of the Master Gardener, then enjoy a meal from some of Venice’s top chefs and mixologists. RSVP through link www.airbnbhellola.com.
• Sunday, 9/29 from 10:00 am-6:00 pm: Abbot Kinney Festival – Over at the Airbnb Backyard there will be puppies ready to play, summer treats to refresh and more. Be on the lookout for the street team roaming around giving festival-goers unexpected bits of comfort and hospitality.
Location: The Viper Room, 8852 W Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, Moby-curated Pop-Up.
• Friday, 9/27 from 7:00 pm-10:00 pm: Late-night eats on the Strip. They'll be featuring food trucks and late dining along with giveaways and surprises in the backyard of The Viper Room.
• Saturday, 9/28 from 11:00 am-1:00 pm: Workshop with street artist Paige Smith, who will lead an urban geode workshop creating paper art pieces to insert into nooks of your own neighborhood streets. RSVP through link www.airbnbhellola.com.
• Saturday, 9/28 from 7:30 pm-2:00 am: Daft Punk v. LCD Soundsystem Silent Disco by Silent Frisco. It’s a DJ session featuring Daft Punk vs. LCD Soundsystem. There will be drink tickets and giveaways throughout the night, for ages 21+. RSVP through link www.airbnbhellola.com.
• Sunday, 9/29 from 2:00 pm-7:00 pm: Backyard Party - Airbnb invites you to come hang out with us in our backyard at The Viper Room. There will be whiskey tastings, Dante’s Fried Chicken, bands, live tattooing, complimentary Angel City Beer and more. RSVP through link www.airbnbhellola.com.
• Monday, 9/30 from 7:00pm-12:00 am: Airbnb pop-up show: One of our favorite local groups is curating a night of music for you. RSVP through link www.airbnbhellola.com.
Location: Arts District/Downtown, 216 S Alameda, Lake Bell and her mother, designer Robin Bell-curated Pop-Up.
• Friday, 9/27 from 6:00 pm-9:00 pm: Arts District Salon - Casual performances, conversation, cocktails and treats will inform an evening of inspiration. Spots are limited. RSVP through link www.airbnbhellola.com.
• Saturday, 9/28 from 10:00 am-12:00 pm: Maker’s Craft: Workshop event - Get inspired during workshops with favorite Arts District craftspeople. Drinks and snacks provided. RSVP through link www.airbnbhellola.com.
• Saturday, 9/28 – Sunday, 9/29 from 12:00 pm-3:00 pm: Airbnb Lounge - Heading to the Angel City monthly Food Truck Event on Saturday or brunch on Sunday? Grab your eats and then cross the street and relax on the pop-up front porch. Free giveaways, tours of the Lake Bell-designed home and surprises.
• Monday, 9/30 from 10:00 am-5:00 pm: Maker’s Craft: DIY events - Get inspired during workshops with favorite Arts District craftspeople. Drinks and snacks provided. RSVP through link www.airbnbhellola.com.
Location: Hollywood Forever Cemetery, 6000 Santa Monica Blvd., James Franco-curated Pop-Up
• Monday, 9/30 from 8:00 pm-1:00 am: Station to Station and Airbnb bring an immersive experience of art and music with Ariel Pink. Favorite L.A. creatives are creating a night of engagement and inspiration around art and music. Age: 21+, RSVP through link www.airbnbhellola.com.
Location: The Grove, 189 The Grove Drive, Molly Sims-curated Pop-Up
• Saturday, 9/28 from 11:00 am-8:00 pm: Old Hollywood Lawn Party - A front lawn all-day event indulging in the glamour of Hollywood with lawn games, pop-up performances and special giveaways. Glam up for photo booth shots.
• Sunday, 9/29 from 11:00 am-8:00 pm: Dancing on the Lawn - Dance lessons, pop-up performances, photo booth sessions and chances to win styling sessions on the front lawn of the Airbnb house at The Grove.
• Monday, 9/30 from 11:00 am-8:00 pm: Music and Glamour on the Lawn - Lawn games, performances by The Dust Bowl Revival and special giveaways.