What Should I Not Include for the Movers?
When you are planning your move, there are some common household items that should not be included in your shipment.
Below is a partial list of items that should not be shipped.
- House paints
- Open containers of liquid
- Propane tanks or cans
- Gas or oils
- Open alcohol containers
- Open non-sealed food containers
- Fire extinguishers
- Welding gas
- Disinfectant cleaners (especially those that contain bleach or ammonia)
- Perishable foods (unless the move meets strict guidelines -- please check with your carrier about these to see if your move meets the guidelines)
- Items with excessive odor
As a general rule, if the item is flammable, combustible or explosive it should not be included.