Hoping for a Penthouse for Christmas? You Might be Too Late
If all you wanted for Christmas was a Miami Beach mansion in the sky, you may be disappointed. Luxury beachfront penthouses could be the hottest item for sale since Tickle-Me-Elmo.
"It was the exact opposite of what I was expecting," Puig told the DBR, explaining that after the building's two largest units were snapped up "we got a lot of calls where people are saying 'Do you have a penthouse?' and then we'd say, 'No,' and then they'd hang up."
The two penthouses sold for $605 and $617 per square foot, while other sales in the building have averaged around $527 per square foot.
Why the high demand? "I think more people are settling here, and we're in a more end-driven market than during the last boom, so clients are demanding more space," Puig said.
Tour Riva Bay HarborView All 9 Photos
With 40 percent of the Riva Bay Harbor project already sold, the remaining residences could go fast. Features include:
- Spacious wrap-around balconies with killer views
- Private boat slips
- Private entry elevators for upper floor units
- European kitchens with stainless steel Bosch appliances
- Rooftop and spa outdoor lounge and fitness center designed by Sam Robin
- Walking distance to beaches, restaurants and the Bal Harbour Shops