A Romantic Day in Honolulu, Hawaii
Where to go on your tropical date? Just read on!Couples who live for the beach will love Honolulu, Hawaii. With perennial warm weather and Waikiki Beach, widely regarded as one of the best beaches in the world, Honolulu couples can enjoy sun, sand and surf all year long. Search for your own piece of paradise in Honolulu, and then explore the city’s activities and destinations that can spice up your love life:
- Waikiki Beach - Soak up the sun and enjoy views of Diamond Head with your significant other on Waikiki Beach. If you’re into surfing, head to the east side of the beach to the cement pier known as The Slippery Wall. If you just want to swim, Fort DeRussy Beach on the west end offers calm and shallow water.
- Honolulu Academy of Arts - Take a break from the sun at the Honolulu Academy of Arts, Honolulu’s premier art museum, with a collection of more than 50,000 works. The museum has a particularly good collection of Asian art.
- Foster Botanical Garden - When you’re ready to enjoy the sunlight and fresh air again, visit Foster Botanical Garden, which has more than 4,000 species of rare tropical plants.
- Hiking Trails - For outdoor enthusiasts, Honolulu has several great hiking trails. Try the 1.5-mile Maunawili Trail or the .7-mile (but more challenging) hike to the top of Diamond Head.
- Byodo-In Temple - Visit this Buddhist temple to worship, meditate or simply enjoy the beauty of the expertly landscaped grounds, featuring traditional Japanese gardens and a 2-acre koi pond. The temple groups are often used for wedding ceremonies.