The Whaley House
Now a museum run by the Save Our Heritage Organisation, San Diego's
Whaley House was designated an official Haunted House by the U.S.
Department of Commerce in the 1960s due to
frequently heard heavy footsteps of the ghost of "Yankee Jim" Robinson,
who was hung on the property in 1852 before the house was built. Other
ghostly sightings include owners Thomas and Anna Whaley (Anna was
reportedly seen by Regis Philbin), and even the family dog.