Exterior: Famous McCormick Mansion in Chicago circa 1890s
Exterior of McCormick Mansion, circa 1890s. L. Hamilton
McCormick and wife Constance Plummer commissioned the opulent four-story home,
replete with a formal ballroom that would overflow with 400 people. The building's lineage has many pivots and transformations, from the Continental Casino nightclub in the 1930s to a
restaurant, the Kungsholm, which later housed the Kungsholm Puppet Theater. Starting in 1945, Chez Paul restaurant was the rage and glory. Decades later, the mansion became home of Lawry's The Prime Rib in 1974.