Chicago's Courthouse Place: Neo-Romanesque Style
The Courthouse Place in Chicago is a Neo-Romanesque building at 54 West Hubbard Street in the city's Near North Side. Originally the building housed the Cook County Criminal Courts where it was the site of such legendary trials as the famous Leopold and Loeb murder case and the Black Sox Scandal regarding eight Chicago White Sox players banned from baseball for intentionally throwing games. The Criminal Courts left the building in 1929. The building was restored and refurbished as an office complex and, in 1984, was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.