Waterfront Wednesday: Panoramic Views From a Private Peninsula
Our new summer series, Waterfront Wednesdays, has taken us from coast to coast in search of some of the coolest seaside homes on the market. Today, we’re touring a contemporary residence in the town of Cape Vincent, the only place in the U.S. where you can enjoy both the St. Lawrence River and Lake Ontario at the same time.
Tour This Contemporary Waterfront HomeView All 5 Photos
The home is situated on a peninsula that juts out into the St. Lawrence Seaway, creating spectacular panoramic views of passing ships and the Wolfe Island ferry. The best waterfront property for big boaters in the region, according to the listing, the house comes with a boathouse for eight large boats and dockage for even more.
Inside, the completely refinished home has a contemporary design with nautical flair. The knotty wood ceiling in the living room is evocative of a ship’s interior, while the bar just off the kitchen takes the curved shape of a boat.
About the House
- Location: Cape Vincent, N.Y.
- Listed By: Mike Franklin of Select Sotheby's International Realty
- Price: $1,000,000
More Waterfront Wednesdays:
- Grand Gilded Age Mansion in Newport, R.I.
- Dramatic Oceanfront Contemporary in Carmel, Calif.
- Tropical Paradise in Clearwater Beach, Fla.
- Oceanfront Cottage on Block Island, R.I.