8 Incredible Irish Castles
With St. Patrick’s Day just around the corner, we’re taking a journey to some of Ireland’s most breathtaking historic castles, courtesy of our friends at Travel Channel.
On Monday, March 17, people around the world will embrace Irish culture for St. Patrick’s Day. Naturally, our friends at DIY Network’s Made + Remade are already making Irish soda bread and curing corned beef, while HGTV’s Design Happens bloggers are shaking up festive green cocktails. Here at Cool Houses Daily, we’re taking an architectural tour of Ireland to get in the spirit of St. Paddy’s Day, checking out some of the country’s most impressive historic castles.
With the help of our sister site, TravelChannel.com, we’ve rounded up some of Ireland’s most stunning and fascinating fortresses. There’s even one castle where St. Patrick himself is said to have converted the king of Munster in the 5th century A.D. See our picks in the gallery below, plus get tips from TravelChannel.com for visiting these historic spots in person.
See 8 Breathtaking Castles in IrelandView All 8 Photos
More Ireland + St Patrick's Day:
- From Travel Channel: Best Castles in Ireland
- From Travel Channel: Seven Wonders of Ireland
- From Travel Channel: Top 5 Pubs in Ireland
- From HGTV: St. Patrick's Day Recipe and Craft Ideas
- From DIY Network's Made + Remade: 7 Lucky Things You Should Turn Green for St. Patrick's Day